Melbourne Cup Community Program
The Victoria Racing Club (VRC) is proud to donate to and be involved with a broad range of different charities and community groups.
In pursuing our vision,
“To maintain Flemington as a world leader in thoroughbred racing, event management and entertainment.”
the VRC recognises its responsibilities as a prominent corporate citizen and that it can make a positive contribution to the communities in which it operates.
To demonstrate its commitment, the VRC formed the Melbourne Cup Community Program to provide financial and promotional support to charities aligned with the VRC’s corporate values.
The Club supports charities through donations, community partnerships, event/promotional support and our annual Melbourne Cup Carnival Pin & Win promotion.
VRC Charity Charter
Whilst all charities are worthy of corporate support, the VRC recognises that it is best positioned to allocate its resources to charities that share its values and conduct programs that address needs relating to:
- Racing industry welfare
- Community health
- Social issues that exist in the context of our environment.
This charter was established to uphold the Club’s corporate values and provide a visible framework for the assessment of applications made to the VRC.
- To support charities that are aligned with the VRC’s corporate values.
- To increase and diversify sources of fundraising.
- To utilise existing VRC resources and events to provide promotional leverage to approved charities where appropriate.
- To conduct all charitable activities effectively and efficiently so as to minimise expenses and maximise funds raised.
- To obtain stakeholder support for the VRC’s charitable activities.
- To utilise the iconic status of the Melbourne Cup - ‘the people’s race’ - as an envoy to assist in achieving positive social impacts.
- To be ethical and responsible in our operations.