The invitation only Millinery Award focuses the judges' attention purely on the hat or headpiece of the individual. The invitation-only category was introduced in 2006 to complement the Design Award’s focus on the fine art of millinery. The Millinery Award provides milliners a chance to showcase their work and contribution to racing fashion.
Invitations will be issued by Victoria Racing Club and Myer to established and emerging milliners.
If you would like to be considered for the 2013 Millinery Award, send your proposal to the Senior Marketing Executive, Fashion & Entertainment either by:
- phoning Customer Service on 1300 727 575
- emailing Customer Service
All contestants must fulfill the following contestant criteria, acknowledge that they understand and agree to abide by the criteria:
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or more
- All models must have appropriate racewear to complement their headwear
- All prizes awarded to the Milliner must remain the property of the Milliner
- Contestants are not permitted to alter or add to their headwear or outfit in any way from the beginning until the end of the competition.
A panel of judges based their votes on the following Millinery Award criteria:
- Style and design of the millinery (elements including originality, concept of the design theme and wearability)
- Quality and workmanship of the millinery (elements including technique, line and trim)
- Appropriateness of the millinery for the Melbourne Cup Carnival, the individual and the outfit.
2013 prize lists will be updated closer to the Melbourne Cup Carnival.
Myer Fashions on the Field Millinery Award again boasted a phenomonal prize pool in 2012, inclduing a trip for two to London flying Emirates Airline, the opportunity to feature designs at the Beautiful Girls Fashion Lunch in autumn, Myer shopping sprees, Longines watches, Antler luggage, accommodation at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, and much more.
Terms & Conditions
2013 T&C's will be updated closer to the Melbourne Cup Carnival.